Saturday, August 20, 2011

A different kind of bravery

I haven't had my hair cut in almost a year.  It was getting really long.  Like, ratty long.  I needed a cut.  We live in Alaska.  Plus, I couldn't afford a cut.  Do you know where this is going?

I asked Lee to cut my hair for me.  No big deal.  Take off four inches.  Make it straight.  Easy.

I was wrong.  He took off at least seven inches.  It's really short.  Much shorter than I wanted.  Lee declared at the end of the saga that we were never doing that again.

I thought I was being Alaskan.  It was brave of me.  Now I need to access a different kind of bravery and feel okay with my new short haircut.

4 comments:

  1. I bet you look just as pretty as ever!

    Hugs and love~Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes - we need a picture! I cant wait to see it - and even with 7 inches gone it is still really long! Love Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missing you like crazy sistah...
    Kim

    ReplyDelete