Sunday, February 13, 2011

Oh Mr. Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun

Yesterday morning, Lee and I woke up at 8:30 and dim light was shining in the window. Hallelujah! Sitting on the couch this morning, it was shining in my eyes. Even sitting at the computer now I can feel it on my face. It even almost feels warm... almost. It is -25 out. But there is hope. We are leaving darkness. In two months, most of the snow will be gone (yikes! that doesn't sound as hopeful as I thought it would!) and real warmth from the almost 24 hours of sunlight will be here. Then I can start growing monstrous cabbages!

One thing is for certain in Alaska. When the sun returns, it comes back fast and furious. We are already at 8 hours of sunlight, and by next week, we will have almost 9 hours!! This is an amazing difference from the 3 hours we had at the solstice. I can't wait for the Spring Equinox!

1 comment: