Sunday, October 3, 2010

Date Night at the Brewery

005Last night my amazing husband took me on a date to celebrate our three month wedding anniversary! We went to the Silver Gulch Brewery, a local brewery located just north of Fairbanks in Fox. They have a relatively new restaurant there with many dishes that incorporate their beers. The menu is quite unique, and Lee and I had a difficult time choosing! In the end, I had spicy halibut tacos and Lee had beer and cheese soup (his favorite) and a Pork, Carmalized Onion and Apple Sandwich. The food was great, and the ambiance was fun, but the best part was the beer!

Lee and I have been enjoying Silver Gulch's beer since we arrived in Fairbanks. I like the Fairbanks Lager and the Coldfoot Pilsner, while Lee favors the Pick Axe Porter. But at the brewery, there are many seasonal beers to choose from that you can't get in the store. We tried the -40 Stout, the Cranberry Saison, and the Octoberfest. All were excellent! We came home with a growler of the Cranberry Saison and a pint of -40 Stout Chocolate Ice Cream made by the Fairbanks Ice Cream company Hot Licks. De-lish!

006

008
Check out their menu. When you all come to visit us, we'll be taking you here!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds super yummy...I want a pint right now! We miss you so so soooo much! Sending you warm & snuggly thoughts from NH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The food sounds wonderful - sure wish I lived closer so I could try the stout ice cream!

    ReplyDelete